Tax Tip: Claiming child care expenses

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!


The following is now available on the CRA Web site:

Did You Know …

That you can claim child care expenses on your income tax return if your child is cared for at home or in nursery school, daycare, day camps, boarding schools, and sports schools? You can claim these expenses if you or your spouse or common-law partner incurred the expenses in order to work, carry on a business, or attend school.

If you qualify and your child is under the age of 7, you could claim up to $7,000 a year. If your child is over 7 but under 16 years of age, you may be able to claim up to $4,000. There is no age limit if you have a disabled child, and you could be able to claim up to $10,000.

For more information on claiming child care expenses, visit and select “C” for “child care” from the drop-down box menu.

SOURCE: CRA Newsroom


Write a comment