www.canada-relocation-tax-help.com Resident of Canada Immigrant You are a resident of Canada for income tax purposes when you established residential ties within Canada. They are usually established when • Someone who has applied for or received permanent resident status from Citizenship and Immigration Canada • Someone who has received approval-in-principle from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, to stay in Canada • Someone in need of protection But they also can include: • A home in Canada • A spouse or common-law partner and dependants who move to Canada to live with you • Social ties in Canada Rental Property Tax Implications If [More]