Important Notice For Businesses – Under new Employment Insurance (EI) measures that come into effect in January 2010, if you are a self-employed person, as defined in these new measures, you will be able to voluntarily enter into an agreement with Service Canada to be eligible for EI special benefits. For more information about these new measures, go to Service Canada. If you enter into such an agreement, you will be required to calculate and pay EI premiums on your tax returns for the applicable years. Beginning in January 2011, self-employed Canadians will be able to access Employment Insurance (EI) [More]