Find out what tax help is available for people with disabilities on the IRS website. Get more information at
The following is now available on the CRA Web site: Tax Tip Through the tax system, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) administers a range of benefits and credits for persons with a disability or those who are caring for a dependant with a disability. By filing your income tax and benefit return by April 30, 2009, your return will be processed faster and if you are entitled to a refund, you will receive it earlier. Benefits * Child Disability Benefit – The Child Disability Benefit (CDB) is intended for families caring for a child under the age of 18 with [More]
The following News Release or Speech has just been posted on the Finance Canada Site. Ottawa, December 12, 2006 2006-079 The Honourable Jim Flaherty, Minister of Finance, today received recommendations from an expert panel appointed last summer to examine ways to help parents save for the long-term financial security of a child with a severe disability. “On behalf of Canada’s New Government, I wish to thank the panel for taking the time away from family and work to assist us on addressing this important issue,” said Minister Flaherty. “Government must better enable parents to set aside funds today to financially [More]